Thursday, June 4, 2015

Tweedle Dee and Twitter Dum

  Yes, Twitter Dum. At least that's how I feel. I feel inadequate and less effective on how I can make a larger Twitter presence, but also how to use this social media tool effectively. Learning new social media tools can be a long, drawn out learning process. Especially one like Twitter, because there are multiple sections or tricks you can use to become effective in what you'd like to portray.
  With my personal Twitter account, @justinjaxn, I like to share inspirational leadership and management quotes and advice. My reasoning is this; I find it difficult to sit down and read more than a few paragraphs at a time, and would like to share some important information very quickly. However I wonder, in doing so, am I just bothering people? Or are they something that people like myself can enjoy and think about it through the day?
  Through following many different kinds of people and companies, I have been able to find relevant information for positions or companies. These are ones I wish to know more about, and how the culture is in a company, or what kind of people work for these companies. Twitter has been an interesting experience for me, and I wish to learn more how to more effectively use this tool, rather than sharing quotes or articles and hoping they will reach someone, somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that learning to use Twitter will take time. I have no idea if I will stick with it after the class or not. I suspect I will be tasked with using it later down the road in some course, so I may hang with it until then. Who knows.

    Your point about having problems reading more than a few paragraphs at a time is interesting. How do you work though textbooks in classes and your schedule? I tend to read until I finish the chapter, or until something else more urgent comes up. Since Twitter is limited to 140 characters, I suspect that is more to your liking, since they are brief and too the point.

    Regarding your point about if you're bothering people, if they are, they may not say anything and scroll past your post. They may delete you, at which point your follower's number would shrink. That would be obvious that someone's out, but may not have said something. Then, you might get someone who'll engage in a Twitter war with you. I see that on the news, so I know it must get interesting at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin, you are not bothering me at all. I appreciate your assistance, your patience, and I love inspirational messages.
    Your blog is always professional and you give great advice. #Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #techhrd.
      Justin sorry to send to comments. I keep forgetting to put my hashtag for techhrd. I learn by repetition so I think I will have this mastered by... December.

      Delete