Thursday, June 11, 2015

Putting the "link" in LinkedIn

LinkedIn has been a nice tool for me to use this far in my professional work life. The way I have use it, is through connecting with companies I'd like to possibly work for in the future. By leaning different things about companies, like ethics, workplace environments, ect. I have found that it is a nice thing to use that way. Something else I have done, is used LinkedIn to apply for jobs. When I apply for different positions, I also like to look up a recruiting manager, or some other HR rep, and glean information from them.
The most helpful way I have used LinkedIn thus far is seeking out different mentors of sorts. I add people with titles I'd like to one day have, and ask them how they got to where they are now. This has been great, and many people are willing to assist, if you just ask. So, readers, if you haven't done so, and are looking to gain advice from real people who are ready and willing to assist, ask your connections how they got to their ranking, and seek advice they have for an upcoming or seasoned professional.

1 comment:

  1. Would you say this has been one of the most useful tools you have been introduced so far?Sounds like you are using this tool for the very purpose it was designed for. You are correct in saying this is where most of your productive insights could be generated for potential jobs, interview information and company background. I think you will find this by far one of the best.

    ReplyDelete